(Senior) Research Associate, Neuroscience
Research Associate, Neuroscience – South San Francisco, CA
APPLY HERE: https://alloytherapeutics.applytojob.com/apply
About Alloy Therapeutics
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners across academia, biotech, and the largest biopharma, Alloy democratizes access to tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. Alloy’s foundational technology, the ATX-Gx™️, is a human therapeutic antibody discovery platform consisting of a growing suite of proprietary transgenic mice strains. Alloy is a leader in bispecific antibody discovery and engineering services, utilizing its proprietary ATX-CLC common light chain platform integrating novel transgenic mice and phage display. DeepImmune™️ integrates Alloy's full complement of proprietary in vivo, in vitro, and in silico discovery and optimization technologies into one comprehensive offering for fully human antibody, bispecific, and TCR discovery. DeepImmune is also available for royalty-free access as part of Alloy’s novel Innovation Subscription model. Alloy is headquartered in Boston, MA with labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. As a reflection of Alloy’s relentless commitment to the scientific community, Alloy reinvests 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation.
Alloy Therapeutics’ affiliated venture studio is building a first-in-class neuroscience company in the San Francisco Bay Area, focused on neurodegeneration and neuronal stress. This is an opportunity to be an early member of a growing team. We utilize the latest technology, focusing on nucleic acid modalities while building a best-in-class CNS iPSC differentiation platform. Alloy Therapeutics’ venture studio partners closely with a tight-knit group of serial entrepreneurs and seasoned drug hunters to efficiently launch new asset-centric biotech companies. Team members of these emerging companies get hands-on exposure to cutting-edge science and contribute to the earliest stages of drug discovery and company building, turning ideas into meaningful therapies for patients.
As part of the broader Alloy Therapeutics ecosystem, our team enjoys access to a global scientific community committed to making better medicines together. Alloy works across multiple disease indications and drug modalities, democratizing access to tools, technologies and services that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. Members of our team have the unique opportunity to be part of a small, highly-focused team, while gaining access to an extensive network and career opportunities across Alloy. We care deeply about mentorship and invest heavily in enabling the long-term career interests of our team.
Who You Are
We are seeking a hard-working and detail-oriented Research Associate to work on challenging projects in drug discovery for neurodegenerative diseases. We work across boundaries to tackle whatever experiment, assay, or screen is necessary to develop high-impact medicines. Your expertise in iPSC differentiation towards CNS cell types and using these cells to develop and optimize various biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular assays will contribute to the discovery and development of precision medicines and bring our early discovery, pre-clinical programs to the next level.
- Help drive basic research towards the clinic at hyper-speed
- Collaborate with Scientists on iPSC differnation and culture toward CNS cell types
- Collaborate with Scientists on assay design and execution
- Support execution, data analysis, and interpretation of experiments
- Prepare findings and implications to senior leadership
- Use a variety of molecular, cellular, genetic, and pharmacological techniques to advance multiple candidates from discovery research to clinical development
- Maintain detailed laboratory notes, draft protocols for experiments, and plans for required reagents
The Skills and Expertise You Bring
- Degree in a relevant scientific field (e.g., biochemistry, molecular biology, neuroscience, cell biology.)
- Experience in cell culture, transfection, imaging of mammalian cell lines and primary cells
- Experience with a wide range of biophysical, biochemical, molecular, and cellular biology techniques, including qPCR, RT-PCR, immunohistochemistry (IHC), ELISA, Western blot, and immunofluorescence
- Have strong interpersonal skills including a proven track record of building and maintaining effective working relationships with teams and partners
- Have the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively in a quickly evolving environment
- Outstanding communication and teamwork skills
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and not afraid to take risks
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Direct experience or interest in neurodegenerative disease
- Specific experience in fluorescence microscopy and image analysis.
- Affinity to utilize new technologies and robotic automation for systematic consistency and efficiency
- Experience in human iPSC maintenance and differentiation into neuronal subtypes
- Generating and optimizing human disease modeling with human iPSC neuronal cellls
- Thrive and energized by a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in cell line construction and selection
- Competitive base salary based on the position and your experience level
- Significant opportunities for advancement and mentorship inside Alloy, through our venture studio that creates new companies every year, and across our network of over 100 affiliated and partner companies
- Generous equity compensation in a company with incredible growth potential
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered, company-paid disability insurance, and an annual stipend for continuing education
- Flexible schedule, unlimited vacation as long as the job gets done, medical leave including time caring for sick family members, and parental leave all built around our team-driven philosophy
- Commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan for all employees to ensure good role and skill fit, whether here or your next biotech company
- Additional benefits including adoption support over $40,000, IVF/PGT support, compensated time for bone marrow donation, continuing education, leadership development and others
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)