Laboratory Informatics Scientist
Laboratory Informatics Scientist
Waltham MA (preferred) or Athens GA
Full Time | Apply Here
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
The Laboratory Informatics Scientist will be part of the Global Informatics team with team members in the US and Basel (Switzerland). This team provides informatics, AI, machine learning, and data solutions to Alloy’s research teams located in Waltham (MA), Athens (GA), San Francisco (CA), and Cambridge (UK).
As a Laboratory Informatics Scientist, you will work with research scientists and informatics colleagues to design, develop, and support informatics solutions to enable R&D processes across each site. The successful candidate will be experienced in the operation, setup, and configuration of the Benchling platform for lab data management and be able to work with scientists to translate their laboratory processes into streamlined interfaces for lab data management and automated workflows in this platform. The individual should be experienced in Python and shell scripting and be able to support custom software created for lab data integration.
The role requires being able to transition between the R&D workspace seamlessly, rapidly understand scientific workflows, and translate these with their own hands and through collaboration with members of the Global Informatics team into technical solutions. The ideal candidate should be service and customer-centric to create exceptional user experiences for lab data management and automation. The individual will be expected to grow in this role, be able to manage contractors or third parties, and be flexible to work with other technology platforms as they are adopted or sourced. This role is fast-paced, and the individual will be expected to be highly organized, accountable for their deliverables, and be able to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
This role will report to the Global Head of Informatics with autonomy working with multiple stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Drive: The automation of our laboratories and adoption of our data platforms.
- Innovate: Design solutions for the needs of our scientists to enable their R&D.
- Connect: Our data from our rapidly growing labs and research sites to our informatics platforms.
- Collaborate: Work with members of the Global Informatics team to strengthen our data ecosystem.
- Deliver: Create, enable, and support laboratory data and automation solutions for our scientists.
Why We Value You
- For your depth of knowledge in Benchling and your ability to create solutions in this platform for scientific workflows.
- For your ELN and LIMS experience.
- For your Python and shell-scripting experience being applied to lab data integration.
- For being able to understand and translate research scientific processes into technology solutions
- For having a technology background supporting laboratory processes and data
- For your knowledge in creating high-value user interfaces that generate a great user experience
- For having a customer and service mindset to support our scientists
- For being an autonomous and independent worker, requiring minimal supervision
- For being able to work across sites and provide standardized solutions and approaches
- For being highly communicative, transparent, and collaborative with research and informatics peers
- Experience supporting biologics discovery and development
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (5-10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.