Vice President, Head of People
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
As the Vice President, Head of People, you will be a strategic leader responsible for defining and executing on the vision for People, Culture, and Workplace Experience at Alloy. You will own one of Alloy’s 5 Top Level, Long-Term OKRs: “Recruit the best team, support their career development and make Alloy the place where they can thrive in their dream of making medicine together.” Reporting directly to the CEO and a member of the Alloy K1 (our Leadership Team), you will manage and develop a team of Business Partners, Talent Acquisition Partners, and Workplace Experience Partners to support a diverse and globally dispersed team. The Head of People will play a key role in developing and implementing best practices and strategies that ensure that Alloy is building and developing high performing teams.
You will be thought partner to the executive team and will work to implement a people-centric vision as an organization that attracts essential talent, ensures people are highly engaged in the mission, work and culture of the organization.
You will be based out of Waltham office, the largest of our labs. This role will report to the CEO with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Build: Create and implement a full life-cycle employee experience and people operations infrastructure to empower our team to do their best work as we grow from an organization of 100 to 150 and beyond.
- Lead: Using your clear and inspiring vision for the People function you will grow and lead your People team at Alloy as they create, implement, and continuously fine-tune People programs through feedback loops, metrics, trends, key insights and detailed analyses.
- Drive: Be the force behind our culture and drive forward initiatives that create an interconnected yet globally dispersed team aligned around our shared mission and culture of collaboration and integrated independence.
- Develop: Create and maintain the systems, expectations and culture of excellence that helps our people thrive in their lives and careers as they grow with our organization and find leadership opportunities in the new companies at our venture studio and across our ecosystem
- Collaborate: Take an ecosystem approach to our people function by also supporting external leaders at Alloy’s partners to ensure their individual success inside their own organizations and to connect them to new Alloy opportunities across our ecosystem in support of Alloy’s long-term vision and mission of making medicine together
Why We Value You
- You are entrepreneurial and thrive in autonomous environments that complement your ability to prioritize with high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity while being efficient with limited resources
- You have strong critical-thinking skills combined with a propensity toward innovation and risk taking
- You are respected for being a thoughtful, smart, humble individual — you know how to drive consensus among executives with a wide range of opinions and working styles
- You have the professional self-esteem and confidence to “push back” on executives when necessary
- You are a results-driven leader with a proven track record of diligent execution alongside other high-performing leaders and individual contributors
- You undertake new projects and tasks with an attention to detail coupled with a sense of urgency
- You maintain discretion and are sought out as a trusted confidante with the ability to manage confidential information and exercise sound judgment
- You are a good sounding board for others, with a shared sense of the value of servant leadership across the entire Alloy and 82VS ecosystem
- You embrace and exemplify Alloy’s value of cultivating “pronoia” across the ecosystem – the irrational belief that someone is conspiring behind your back to your success
- 8+ years of professional experience leading teams in People or Talent
- 5+ years working with senior executives
- On site in Waltham, MA with ability to accommodate occasional travel (10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.