Front-End Software Engineer, Alloy INFx
Front-End Software Engineer, Alloy INFx
Allschwil, Basel-Land, Switzerland
Full Time | Apply Here
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Basel, CH; Cambridge, UK; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
The Front-End Software Engineer will be a member of the Data Science team, part of the Global Informatics team with team members in the US and Basel (Switzerland). The Data Science team supports data analysis and antibody discovery efforts for a wide range of projects across the company. The larger Global Informatics team provides informatics, AI, machine learning, and data solutions to Alloy’s research teams located in Waltham (MA), Athens (GA), San Francisco (CA), and Cambridge (UK).
As a Front-End Software Engineer, you will specifically develop our cloud based WebApp Portal. In addition you will contribute to the design and creation of data analysis tools to visualize and process various forms of biological data with the ultimate goal of helping others to make better medicines faster. You will work with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to build web-applications supporting the discovery of antibody-based therapeutics. You will work with our innovative R&D team of computational and experimental biologists to analyze data from high-throughput screening and sequencing experiments.
This role will report to our Director of Data Science and Bioinformatics and you will be expected to own various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Discover: New therapeutics for life-threatening diseases
- Innovate: Implement new technologies for sharing, collaborating and interacting with scientific data
- Improve: Automated analysis workflows and how we present our data and tools to scientists
- Collaborate: With a team of experts in discovery and computational biology to create stunning web-based experiences
- Deliver: A web-portal that brings together our science, operations and computational biology in one place for our partners.
Why We Value You
- A proven track-record of developing web-portals and applications in web-portals that are intuitive and generate an excellent user experience
- For your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 3+ years of professional experience
- For your excellent programming skills in Python, Python Dash including experience with Data Visualization
- For your additional knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (networking, security, storage, IAM) and their operation and configuration (AWS preferred)
- For your experience with Git, continuous integration and deployment tools
- For your familiarity with working on agile development teams
- For your passion for developing user-friendly and intuitive interfaces
- For your independent sense of urgency, persistence and integrity
- Experience interfacing with GraphQL and/or REST APIs
- Familiarity with RDBMS concepts, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of experimental design and statistics including experience in Machine Learning
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, or Chai.
- Experience working with genomics or proteomics data
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- UI/UEX work on creating user experiences for online tools
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- Competitive contributions to your second pillar
Health & Family
- Flexible paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to 50,000 CHF (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with a commitment to your career through an individualized professional development plan
- Regular team events and social activities
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.