Stealth NewCo Chief Executive Officer
Stealth NewCo Chief Executive Officer
San Francisco, CA
Full Time | Apply Here
We are a Stealth NewCo creating genetic medicines for the treatment of neurodegenerative disease. Co-founded by an experienced neuroscientist/drug developer and the 82VS (Alloy Therapeutics Venture Studio) team in early 2022, Stealth NewCo leverages Alloy Therapeutics’ suite of proprietary, cutting edge antisense oligonucleotide platform technologies and a strong scientific team to build new therapies efficiently and cost-effectively. These platforms are being co-developed by Alloy Therapeutics and a pioneer in the field of ASO therapeutics. Stealth NewCo has also built in-house, best-in-class models for studying neurodegenerative and neuroimmune disease biology in a human iPSC-derived culture platform. At Stealth NewCo, our north star is doing what is best for patients suffering from neurodegenerative diseases, who have no disease-modifying options available to them today.
Stealth NewCo is headquartered in South San Francisco, CA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive with us!
Stealth NewCo is built leveraging the contributions from three groups: NewCo’s scientific team with deep neuro and iPSC modeling expertise; the 82VS venture studio team with operational resources and expertise in biotech company creation; and the Alloy Therapeutics genetic medicines discovery team. Currently the SF-based NewCo scientific team is composed of our Co-Founder/CSO and a scientist. Stealth NewCo is guided by a Board of Directors and a Scientific Advisory Board with significant experience in the development of therapeutics for neurological disease and/or genetic medicines. NewCo has successfully raised pre-Seed financing from 82VS and is currently engaging with investors to raise a syndicated Seed round.
As the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will partner with the Co-Founder/CSO/ and the 82VS team to develop and execute a long-term vision for Stealth NewCo. Leveraging a strong, differentiated scientific foundation, you will lead financing, strategic, and operational plans for Stealth NewCo. You will also partner with the team and 82VS to raise capital, explore partnerships, grow the team, and cultivate a robust company culture. This role requires a willingness to roll up your sleeves and build across all aspects of early stage biotech needs, driving towards a long-term sustainable vision for Stealth NewCo.
This role will report to the Board of Directors and be empowered to lead the Stealth NewCo team across all aspects of company creation in a dynamic startup environment. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Build: Build Stealth NewCo by leveraging the resources provided by 82VS and Alloy Therapeutics to develop innovative drugs with the potential to positively impact the treatment of neurodegenerative disease; this will include driving both drug discovery (target/disease strategy and prioritization, lead discovery, lead optimization, IND-enabling studies) and company creation (incorporation, accounting, people (HR), IT, fundraising strategy)
- Transact: develop and execute a financing strategy for the company, including raising Series A financing and pursuing high value transactions with pharma/biotech partners that allow for the accelerated discovery and development of Stealth NewCo’s programs
- Negotiate: broker with potential partners and entrepreneurs to ensure fair and equitable relationships
- Shape Culture: epitomize a respectful, innovative, and data-driven culture; continue to shape this culture with new hires as the team grows
- Mentor: invest in great scientists that are looking to be great team members, great entrepreneurs, and the next generation of venture company builders
Why We Value You
- You can execute a high quality fundraising process and take ownership of the financial success of a company.
- You have experience partnering with the Board of Directors and Scientific Advisory Board to incorporate feedback into a company’s vision and roadmap.
- You can leverage your experience and network to identify external resources and partners to help build the company’s vision.
- You have experience developing and cultivating a culture that executes with a sense of urgency and purpose.
- You have experience building, leading, and managing a team of internal and external operators (i.e., scientists, clinicians, KOLs, etc).
- You are comfortable being held accountable for the success of projects and the overall company.
- You accomplish your goals by coaching your team members to help them bring their best selves to build your shared vision.
- You have demonstrated an incredible work ethic, strong time management skills, and the ability to manage work across multiple workstreams and functional areas.
- You thrive as a collaborative member of a team, recognizing and rewarding success while helping others with challenges they face.
- You do not hesitate to roll up your sleeves to get the work done for the success of your team and company.
- 8+ years biotech industry experience
- Prior involvement in successful fundraising of venture capital financing rounds; partnering or transactional experience with biopharma is also value-add.
- Senior leadership experience in a biotech startup (headcount < 100) in a non-scientific role, such as business development, strategy, or operations
- Comfortable understanding and managing company strategy in highly technical areas, such as drug development and clinical trial oversight.
- Previous experience developing antisense oligonucleotide therapies and/or therapies for the treatment of neurological diseases would be beneficial.
- Ability to work onsite in South San Francisco 2-3 days per week
- Willing to accommodate occasional travel as needed (up to 20%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base salary and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education to support and further your career through individualized professional development planning
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
In the Alloy Therapeutics ecosystem, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy, 82VS, and NewCo is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
$250,000/year to $350,000/year + co-founder level equity + bonus + benefits
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $250,000 - $350,000 in the San Francisco Bay Area and most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience, and expertise.
Stealth NewCo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.