Associate Director Finance Strategy and Corporate Development
Associate Director Finance Strategy and Corporate Development
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
The Alloy Finance team is a 4-person group that supports the Alloy strategic vision and partners with our internal stakeholders, including R&D, Business Development, 82VS and other functions. The Finance team manages the financial planning and analysis process, investor relations, accounting, payroll, audit, cash management and the support of strategic deals and corporate development effort.
As the Associate Director of Finance Strategy and Corporate Development, you will lead the Strategic Finance function of Alloy, work closely with the CEO, Head of Finance, CBO and other key leaders in support of the financial analysis of corporate development and business development deals. You will also develop and maintain the Alloy long range plan. This role requires strong problem solving and financial modeling skills, ability to balance multiple priorities and effectively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders.
This role will report to the Head of Finance with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Model: Develop detailed financial model scenarios and analyses to evaluate complex business and capital allocation decisions; Direct monthly forecasts and identify risks and opportunities for senior management
- Partner: Work with Office of the CEO, Business Development and other Core functions to evaluate key deal, corporate development or organic growth opportunities from the financial lens, e.g. conducting NPV and IRR analysis. You will also build and maintain relationships with senior leaders across the organization to effectively provide data and insights to support decision-making
- Drive: Drive company Long Term Strategic Plan financial modelling that enables executive leadership to make strategic and capital funding decisions. Perform ad hoc project management and analyses of strategic projects that are critical to the long-term success of the company
- Optimize: Identify opportunities to improve performance by providing leadership compelling financial & operational reporting, insightful & forward-looking performance narratives and savings opportunities
- Change agent: encourage new ideas, processes and approaches. Champion and enable a culture of multidisciplinary problem solving, teamwork, quality and effective communication
Why We Value You
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, and superior financial modeling skills with a keen focus on details and accuracy
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator and adept at slide presentations
- You are actively engaged in strategy and corporate development discussions, and are savvy about using financial analysis to advance discussions and enable decision-making
- You have a background and knowledge of deal-based or project-based finance, financial planning and analysis and the biotech industry
- You understand the needs and priorities of our internal partners, and are a trusted strategic partner to them
- You can balance multiple priorities and projects, and deliver on time
- You maintain the highest degree of integrity, professionalism and maintenance of confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA desired
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in corporate development, business development finance, investment banking or financial planning & analysis
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.