Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Full Time | Apply Here
We are Alloy Therapeutics—a biotechnology ecosystem company empowering the global scientific community to make better medicines together. Through a community of partners, we democratize access to pre-competitive tools, technologies, services, and company creation capabilities that are foundational for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. The company facilitates affordable, non-exclusive access to the entire drug discovery community from academic scientists, small and medium biotech, to the largest biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. As a reflection of our relentless commitment to the scientific community, we reinvest 100% of its revenue in innovation and access to innovation. MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Alloy is headquartered in Waltham, MA with additional labs in Cambridge, UK; Basel, CH; San Francisco, CA; and Athens, GA. Successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture. Come thrive at Alloy!
The in-vivo antibody discovery team is part of Alloy Discovery Services and supports antibody discovery efforts for a wide range of projects using diverse technologies to isolate and sequence antigen-specific B cells from Alloy transgenic mice.
As a Scientist, Antibody Discovery, you will work with our Discovery Services’ team to build new antibody technologies for the discovery of antibody-based therapeutics. You will be using the very latest single-cell techniques with the goal of helping others to make better medicines faster. This role requires an independent sense of urgency and organization skills.
This role will report to our Head of In-Vivo Antibody Discovery with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and tasks in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of Alloy. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Discover: New therapeutics for life-threatening diseases
- Innovate: Implement new technologies for in-vivo antibody discovery
- Improve: Actual standard protocols for better workflows
- Collaborate: With a team of experts in discovery of biologics
- Deliver: Rigorous scientific thinking, appropriate documentation, and clear communication
Why We Value You
- For your PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology, or related discipline with 0-2 years of experience or your master with +5 years of experience
- For your experience with single-cell technologies (Microfluidics, Beacon, 10x)
- For the preparation of immune cells for screening on single-cell platforms
- For your skills in functional assay development
- For your experience in immune repertoire sequencing
- For your experience in next-generation sequencing: library preparation and sequencing
- For your knowledge of high throughput cloning of antibodies
- For your skills in immune repertoire sequencing
- For your ELN and LIMS experience
- Experience in antibody discovery platforms using transgenic animals
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (<5%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation
- 401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
Health & Family
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP) including resources for mental wellness
- International travel insurance
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.