Associate Scientist/scientist, Protein Expression – Athens, GA
APPLY HERE: https://alloytherapeutics.applytojob.com/apply
About Alloy Therapeutics
Alloy Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing and commercializing drug discovery platforms and services. Alloy was founded in 2018 with North American research and corporate headquarters in Boston, MA and European research headquarters at Granta Park in Cambridge, UK. Alloy works with partners ranging from scientist entrepreneurs in academia and seed stage biotech startups, to small and medium sized biotechs and Fortune 50 biopharma. At Alloy, we believe our industry should compete on getting the best drugs to patients as quickly as possible, not exclusive access to the best platforms. Our mission is to make medicine together by working collaboratively with the global scientific and business community.
Alloy is a private company, controlled by our scientists. Alloy has a long-term focus, backed by three family offices and two visionary venture capital firms: Thiel Capital and 8VC. The team and company are rapidly expanding; successful members thrive in our shared culture of accountability, deliberate trust, and open communication. As a team we aspire to work together to exceed expectations and collectively contribute across the global organization to always maintain our nimble, startup culture.
MAY THE BEST DRUG WIN.
Associate Scientist/Scientist, Protein Analytics – Athens, GA
Our Alloy Athens team is looking for an Associate Scientist or Scientist to join our team in Athens, GA. The position will report directly to our Director of Antibody Technology and work with our team to support the discovery of antibody-based therapeutics and the development of new platform technologies. You will be using the very latest cell biology and analytics techniques and protocols with the ultimate goal of helping others to make better medicines.
- High throughput expression and purification of protein antigens and antibodies
- Design of purification scheme for difficult-to-purify antigens
- Integration of automation into purification processes
- Analyze and interpret protein quality results and maintain analysis output and results tracking
- Maintain organized electronic Lab Notebook & utilize electronic LIMS for DNA and Protein sample tracking
Required Qualifications and Skills
- B.S/M.S with 4+ years or PhD with 2+ years of experience in antibody discovery and/or
- Expertise in protein/antibody purification
- Experience in discovery, characterization or humanization of antibodies is preferred
- Experience in adapting manual processes to automation
- Attention to detail, rigorous and innovative scientific thinking and appropriate documentation, clear communication
- An independent sense of urgency, persistence, and integrity
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Protein A-based purification
- Experience with SEC-HPLC and/or UPLC
- A track record of troubleshooting instruments and processes
- ELN and LIMS experience
- Competitive base salary based on the position and your experience level
- Significant opportunities for advancement inside Alloy and through our partner companies
- Equity compensation in a company with incredible growth potential and a 30+ year plan
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered by Alloy
- Flexible schedule, unlimited vacation as long as the job gets done, medical leave including time caring for sick family members, and parental leave all built around our team-driven philosophy
- Commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan for all employees to ensure good role and skill fit either at Alloy or your next biotech company
- Additional benefits including adoption support, IVF/PGT support, compensated time for bone marrow donation, continuing education, and leadership development